Thursday, August 13, 2009


Have I Told You Lately?

Have I told you that I'm on
Weight Watchers? I weigh in from home and track my points and activity online.

This week though, I've been struggling. It's been a hot one here in New England and all I can think about is ICE CREAM! So, what's a girl to do? Investigate ice cream options that will leave me refreshed but not guilty.

The following is a list of items that are my "go-to" treats during the dog days of summer.
Click on each picture for product information.

Skinny Cow Chocolate Fudge Cones
Okay a friend turned me on to these. Rich chocolate ice cream, crunchy cone, and the inside of the cone is coated in chocolately goodness, so when you get to the bottom there is an extra piece of chocolate waiting for you. Delicious! Skinny Cow has many more items at www.skinnycow.com. 150 calories and 3 grams of fat. 3 WW points.

Haagen Daz - Chocolate Sorbet



Craving some deep dark decadent chocolate? This rich dark chocolate sorbet melts in your mouth and will squelch your chocolate craving. Add some fresh raspberries and you are good to go. 1/2 cup of this deliciousness costs you only 130 calories and .5g of fat. 2 WW points.


Trader Joe's Lime Floes

These tasty lime juice popsicles have just 60 calories, 0 fat and 0 fiber. Other varieties include mango, tropical and strawberry. Try them all! Go to www.traderjoes.com for a location near you!

Homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream
+
Sometimes when I'm craving something really special I have to make my own Cinnamon ice cream. I use any fat-free or low-fat vanilla with less than 120 calories per serving, and about 2 tbsp of cinnamon. I mix it in a blender or just right in the bowl. The combination of the sweet hot spice of cinnamon and the cold cool melty goodness of the vanilla ice cream is a dream in this hot weather. Also, cinnamon has been proven to help with moderating blood sugar, so this dessert is really just a health food in disguise! Calories are just 100, and only 2.5 grams of fat.


Turkey Hill Light Recipe Chocolate Pretzel Ice Cream


This lowfat, low calories ice cream from Turkey Hill is very similar to a pint-sized version extremely high in fat and made by two guys in Vermont. It provides me with a decadent treat for low amount of guilt. With just 130 calories and 3.5 grams of fat, this dessert fits the bill. There are many other light options available from Turkey Hill like Raspberry Chunk, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Moose Tracks. Go to http://www.turkeyhill.com/ for more product information.


Frozen Bananas




Have you ever seen what happens to a banana when it is frozen? Something interesting seems to happen. It is as if the sugars in the banana breakdown the fruit and make it just a sweet cold bite. I peel the banana, slice it into 8 or more pieces, and put it in a ziploc bag in the freezer. By eating the banana pieces one by one, it extends the process of eating it, and takes a little longer to eat. You will feel satiated long after you're done!

Tell me, what are you eating?




No comments:

Post a Comment