Thursday, October 29, 2009


I'm back.

Not quite back to myself, but back. It's been a really horrendous couple of weeks. My mom got sick just before my grandfather's 100th birthday party, so I had to miss his celebration. That made me really sad, and mad at my Mom. But, it was hard to be mad at her when she was admitted to the ICU. How can you be mad at someone who is that sick?


So, I spent the week traveling back & forth from the hospital to my house to my mother's house back to the hospital, etc. Lots of miles on my car and lots of drain on my mental and physical energy. Mom is now in a rehab center again, trying to gain the strength to walk with a walker again.

It is so frustrating because it seems as though she really wants someone else to lead this life for her instead of running her life on her own. It is exhausting and maddening because I don't like to see her struggling and not be able to help her. I can't help her all the time.

My new mantra is "I can do anything but I can't do everything". I don't know where it came from and I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due, but I really appreciate the sentiment. I have to pick and choose where to spend my energy, where I will see the biggest payoff for the least amount of work. Still working on it, but trying!

I found a really interesting site last night, and I'd like to share it with you. Gaian Tarot

Ask a question and then click to see what the universe has to say...

For me last night I asked for some guidance of where to go from here: Here's what I got!


I pulled:
The Opportunity: Death - Dying and being born
The Challenge: the Wheel - Cycles and seasons
The Solution: the Sun - Radiant joy

I don't want to give it all away, as Joanne Colbert has spent many years creating and writing some wonderful pieces of art and understanding. However, I will say that based on last night's pull, I have lots of changes coming and the power of the universe behind to make them happen.

Sounds good to me! Make sure to head over to check it out for yourself!

Thanks for listening, and please drop me a comment if you have anything to share!

Today's graties... (I know, it's not a word YET!)
1. Reed's Extra Ginger Brew Beer
2. Audiobooks
3. Friends who truly care about me and want to spend time
4. Seeing my breath in the cool air
5. Anticipation of tomorrow

Bostongaljm

No comments:

Post a Comment