Saturday, October 31, 2009

Say YES!

Saying yes, it is such a difficult thing to do sometimes. This post @ Shutter Sisters is great reminder!

I usually avoid Halloween as it reminds me of my grandmother Jake's passing. Her funeral was on Halloween when I was 14 and all I remember is the great sadness of my extended family, my mother, and turning out all the lights instead of welcoming trick-or-treaters. A very sad time.

But this year, I am saying yes to Halloween. I am finally ready to reclaim the holiday for myself so I am dressing up in full regalia as a Greek Goddess, complete with dark brunette wig, gold accessories, bronzer and a white dress with gold accents. I hope it comes out as I think it will and that this Halloween will be the one I remember from now on. Yes!
October 30, 2009 |

No comments:

Post a Comment