Tuesday, October 13, 2009


Wonderful weekend and it's already Tuesday!

Do you remember last week I promised pics of my Norwegian Apple Pie? Well, you probably thought I ate it all and forgot to photo it, but no... just most of it!

Here's the view...


Yummm. It was delicious, but could have used a few more minutes in the oven to crisp upa little more, but it still had the taste of my mother's traditional Swedish apple cake. I love how the apples are still separate but soft. Just beautiful.
Oh yeah, I saved you a bite. :) Enjoy!



So, the rest of the weekend was wonderful. Kristen got married to a beautiful soul.

Although the day teased us with rain and dark clouds just as the guests arrived, the sun broke through the clouds, the leaves gleamed in their colored coats and somehow we all warmed up as the ceremony started. During the vows the sun beat down on us and created a halo over the "lady-bride" and "lady-groom". (I don't know if those are the politically correct things to call my friends, but others were doing it, and it seemed to fit!)


The ceremony was led by a Unitarian Universalist Reverand and she allowed them to create exactly the program they wanted, including readings from poets, a tea ceremony and a water ritual.

Everyone there, conservative or liberal remarked how it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever been to.

I did a reading of one of my all time favorites.


i carry your heart with me by e. e. cummings

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)

i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)

i fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)

i want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)

and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant

and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows

(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)

and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

Congratulations Chris and Kristen. I wish for you a lifetime of love and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment