Friday, December 11, 2009

Today is Better. And Christmas is in the Air!


My personal trainer kicked my b*tt yesterday, and tonight I was in so much pain after driving back from visiting my Mom in rehab. Maybe it's the 17 degree weather outside that is making my muscles constrict, but I happen to think it might be how out of shape I am! But, the trainer was great and I hope to be able to continue working with her. Just need to make enough money to pay her! Ha!

I am home tonight resting and preping my menu for this weekend's "If I Can't Find Him, I'll Bake Him" Party. I've got 6 friends coming over Sunday afternoon to make gingerbread men, almond spritz and chocolate crinkles and while they work, they will be feasting on a bounty of noshes that I'll be cooking most of the day tomorrow! That is one way to take my mind off the rest of my stressors! Cooking soothes the savage subconscious!

Want to come?

* Marinated Provencal Mixed Olives
* Chinese Five Spiced Pecans

* Cranberry Chutney Baked Brie

* Cheddar Straws from Smitten Kitchen

* Fig, Ricotta, and Prosciutto Crostini

* Sundried Tomato and Artichoke Dip

* Malaysian Sesame Chicken

* Sedona Chicken Bites

* Bacon & Blue Cheese Stuffed Dates (Some Vegetarian only)

* Sweet & Spicy Vegan Meatballs

* Vegetable Crudite

Gee, you think it's too much?! Yikes! Since there are only six coming, I'll probably pare it down a bit, but I think I'll make the grocery shopping list before I go to bed so I can mull it over in my sleep!

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the Boston area. I spent an afternoon this week just driving around Cambridge looking for signs up people embracing the holiday. It was amazing, for I found many different versions in all sorts of places!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment