Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Inspiration? Beth, You're It! Lesson #1


You are my Inspiration!




I am inspired by many people, but the person that I think inspires me to go after my dream now is my friend Beth. Beth left a well paying stable position at a large manufacturing company to go out on her own with no guarantee of success. She dreamed of owning a business coaching company that would help executives launch new ideas and brainstorm developments never thought of before.  By helping the executives, she knew that their organizations would also achieve goals beyond their wildest dreams.

The year before she left her corporate life, Beth had had a terrible horse accident.  She was in recovery for a long time.  I'm not sure, but I believe that one of the things that came out of that accident was the decision that she was no longer going to be afraid to live her life or go after her dreams. She made it through the trauma of the accident and realized that anything else that was to come in her life would be easy to handle.

One of the things I remember most about watching her leave was that she wasn't scared.  Beth was excited.  She didn't have the "How am I going to support myself" fears, or "Am I good enough?" thoughts.  Somehow she had claimed her talent and knew that there was nothing to hold her back from making more money than she had ever dreamed of. Of course, it wasn't about the money for Beth.  She is helping people.  While I always thought that Beth was one of the most happy and powerful people I had ever met, since going out on her own, her power has quadrupled and her happiness is contagious.

Each time I speak with Beth she coaches me.  It isn't on purpose but that is who she is.  She pushes me to think outside my own box.  She makes me think about what I need to be happy.  About how taking care of myself is the only way that I will be able to take care of others.  Beth doesn't accept my, "Oh, I'm fine." statements.  She reads through them and makes me see where I am really am spiritually, emotionally and physically.  Beth believes in me, and therefore I can believe in myself.

I am so happy to be starting Mondo Beyondo.  I too want to be powerful in the fulfillment of my own dreams.

By the way, Beth is the President and Owner of Unlimited Potential.  You can find more out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment