Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Last Summer Meal

This meal felt like the last summer meal because I used so much fresh produce.  The weather has changed here in Boston, and I'm afraid the fresh veggies are on their way out...well, that's how it felt anyway.
Swiss Chard

Yummy juicy tomatoes

Fresh Zucchini

Last week we got to celebrate my friend Kristine's birthday, and what a feast we had.  I had just a couple folks over to my house.  Kristine likes to keep her birthdays quiet.

Christie brought homemade macaroni and cheese.  I'm sorry to say I did not get a good photo of it.

I made the sides.  Here's what I decided on:


  • Sauteed Polenta Tomatoes


  • Sauteed Zucchini and Proscuitto


  • The final meal.  It was so delish :)  Oh look, there's the mac & cheese
    We celebrated with some yummy Marques de Caceres Rioja and amazingly did not quite finish the bottle.  Maybe because two of the three of us had to get up for work the next day.  (Hint:  I am not one of them.)  :)


I did get to finish it myself tonight.  Oops.  It was so good, and felt like a great welcome to fall. 

It was great to get to celebrate with Kristine and Christie.  It had been too long since we got together, and we caught up for many hours.

Happy Birthday Kristine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment