Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Off my game

I've been feeling off my game for a while now. I've fallen off the exercise wagon, and my diet has gone out the window. I am not feeling my mojo at all.

I realize that I've been struggling with food issues for a while now. During the summer, I started a low-carb mostly vegetarian food lifestyle, including lots of green monster smoothies. With the hot weather, I wasn't having trouble with it because I didn't feel like eating anything heavy. I lost about 15 lbs and I wasn't feeling deprived at all.

But now things have changed. For the past one or two months my appetite has been through the roof. Macaroni and cheese anyone? Eggplant parmesan? Steak with blue cheese sauce? Sounds good doesn't it? Well I thought so too, but now the scale is creeping in the wrong direction. And my moods are swinging from low to high and back again.  I've got to get back on track, get things under control.

Here I am trying to get back on track, back on the wagons so to speak. But I have to be honest. I don't know where to start. I have a free Sparkpeople account that I can use to log fat, calories, protein, etc. The lower carb diet option seems to work well for me, but then I binge on popcorn and/or bread after a week or so, and then go back on the plan.

Have any of you done an eating plan that works for you? I think I am feeling stuck because there are too many options and ways I could go.  Weight Watchers? Zone? South Beach? Vegan?  Vegetarian?  It doesn't have to be a "diet plan".  I really want something that will be a life-long eating style I can live with. I'd love your input, advice or comments to get me started.

Thanks for listening, and I look forward to hearing from you!

How do you eat?  Are you on a diet or eating plan that works for you?  Or, would you like to join me on my next step?

No comments:

Post a Comment