Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fighting Back

I'm sorry I've been gone so long.  I'm fighting a staph infection on my leg (no idea where I picked this sickening thing up), a strep throat and a sinus infection all at the same time.  Needless to say, I feel like crap, and my motivation to post has been fighting with the need to sleep, and oh yeah, do homework!

I'm hoping the antibiotic kicks in soon.  I want to feel better!  Today, I've upped my vitamin intake trying to get my immune system to say hello to these infections.  I'm having a Green Monster Smoothie for dinner tonight, and I've made enough to have for breakfast in the morning.  I'm going to try to have one each morning. I've heard wonderful things about the energy and health properties, so I'm willing to give it a try!

Here's tonight's concoction... (enough for two servings)

1 cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze
2 cups spinach
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 banana
1 apple
2 tsp cocoa powder

Mix it all up in your handy blender (spinach goes in first to hold it down).  I add ice once the rest has been blended, it seems to make it frothier and creamier and deliciouser (not a word, I know...) :)

My camera is acting up, so no good pics for you. Maybe tomorrow in the morning light will be better!


I'm going to feel better tomorrow, I can feel it!  Snap, snap...

No comments:

Post a Comment