Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cranberry Harvest Adventure

It's Columbus Day weekend here in Massachusetts.  I always feel as though I have to rush to capture "Fall".  Apple picking is in full swing (and orchards are actually running out early) and the cranberry harvest is in progress.

I decided to take a nice drive down to Wareham, MA today to check out the Cranberry Harvest Celebration at Tihonet Village.

It was a gorgeous day, and I was so impressed with the operation.
Cranberry booms in the bogs

Cranberries ready to go home with me (and yes, I did buy a few bags)

Part of the picking process

Can you see the ocean of berries?

I had a bizarre wish to jump into this truck.  I love the colors.

The booms were really neat, and made for some great linear focal points today.


Do you see someone falling into the pool of berries?  Look at the pattern...

Amazing assortments of color

The festival was held at one of the AD Makepeace affiliates. I love these old cranberry bins.


Care for some cranberry products?

Fresh pumpkins from today.


I loved being able to watch the harvest today.
The celebration continues tomorrow, and then hopefully again in 2011.  Don't miss it if you're in the area.

How are you celebrating Fall this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment