Monday, November 8, 2010

Babies, Oh Babies

I'm co-hosting a baby shower this afternoon for my best friend K.  She & her wife are expecting twins in January, and there are about 50 people coming to the shower.  Yikes!  I finished the food shopping yesterday, and made my pumpkin bread today. Unfortunately, it is not cutting well.  In fact, it is just falling apart.  Pumpkin bread fail.  Boo.

I'm hoping to get at least 20 or so pieces out of it that look halfway decent.  Not sure if it will work!

I wanted to give you just a quick recap of yesterday's events.

The 5K run was interesting.  I was one of the slower folks there, although I think I beat a few 70 & 80 year olds.  My finish time was 32:30.  Not a speed racer, I know.  Then, one of my friends, C, won Club Box tickets to last nights Bruins' game against the St. Louis Blues.  I've never been in the Club area at TD Garden, so it was fun!

All I had with me was my cell phone, so the pics are a little lacking...
Christie with our great tickets!

Great seats!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go you! I missed this because I'm traveling with limited internet time, but I wanted to take a moment to say well done and congratulations on your race.

    Also ... I once was beat to the finish line by a man pushing a woman in a wheelchair and also by a child at the same race who looked to be about eight. :-)

    ReplyDelete