Thursday, November 4, 2010

Good Morning Darkness

Running this morning was difficult, mostly because I didn't want to get out of bed and the rain is just nasty! It is so dark and cold now when I get up, and snuggling under the covers seems like a much better idea! I'm helping to take care of my nieces this week, and they are keeping us busy! I've sent them off for the day now, with pretty pink bows and ruffles to match. The pinks really brighten things up!


Really good news to share! I passed my MTEL Communication & Literacy test (Mass Teachers Educator Licensure)! I got my official results earlier this week, and I am so relieved. Now I can continue my studies and get this degree done already! Thanks for all the good luck messages!

I've been caught by the roasted vegetable bug this week. I got home from school on Tuesday night and quickly roasted some brussel sprouts and butternut squash. Just chop and toss with olive oil, salt & pepper, then roast at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, turning and tossing once during cooking. The roasting just turns them flavors sweet and caramelized.


















I took the brussel sprouts and tossed in a 1/4 cup of crumbled blue cheese while they were still hot. The cheese melts slightly and creates a creamy sauce for the sprouts. If you can have nuts, toss in some chopped pistachios or almonds for a little crunch. I apologize for the cell phone pics - I forgot my camera cord! But, all I say is, Yumm! :)

What are you craving these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment