Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goal Tending

Imagine this said as in the "GOOOOOOOOOOAL" at Soccer Tournaments! 
Really loud and long!


It's that time of year isn't it?  Everyone has posts about their New Year's resolutions, their word for the year, their goals.  I've been skimming all of the goal posts with impunity because I've been hiding from setting my own.  But it's time, Jeanne.  Time to set some plans in place to succeed this year!

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish in 2011:

1. Lose 25 lbs. by December 31, 2011 (sooner would be great, but this is a doable long-term goal!) through exercise and eating better!
2. Find employment so I won't be homeless!
3. Host a party at my apartment this year. (You're all invited!)
4. Sell Mom's house in 2011.
5. Have at least 2 fun weekends away this year.  (Any ideas for me?)

 
This week:
1. Get rid of the junk food in the house!
2. Follow up on my job prospects
3. Goodwill trip for extra clothes, etc.
4. Pull together Mom's Account Info
5. Walk 3 days this week

I'm off to a good start.  

Today was my first day of The Fresh Diet program.  I bought myself a month on their big special to get back on track after losing my Mom and the holidays. I decided I needed someone to help me with portion control and convenient healthy meals for a while. It's based on the Zone diet, and delivers me 3 meals and 2 snacks daily.  I found my cooler bag just outside my door this morning and it had oatmeal, asian slaw, a steak & cheese wrap, turkey meatballs with marinara and chocolate chip cheesecake in it!  Not a bad way to start the day!  I really enjoyed the Steak & Cheese wrap for lunch today. 

I've realized a very important thing though.  I don't think I like oatmeal unless it has lots of cinnamon and sugar in it, like my Mom used to make us when I was little.  Today's oatmeal was Apricot & Almond, and while the flavor was good, I think the texture of oatmeal is off-putting to me right now.  So, guess what I did?  I created a Green Monster out of it!  Don't get grossed out, but it's the only way I could get it down!  I just added the oatmeal to a cup of frozen spinach, 8 oz of water and a bunch of 5 spice.  

How about you?  How is your week?  Did you make your goals yet?  No pressure, but leave a comment with one below if you want some accountability!  Or, just say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment