Monday, March 21, 2011

I can see the light, the light, the light...

I can see the light, the light, the light!  Ok, maybe not quite yet, but so close!  I've spent the last 5 days working at my Mom's house, packing and sorting.  I might actually be able to spend my weekend coming up doing something fun rather than at the house.  I'm not sure what I'll do with my time although anything would be better! 

Today my brother and I were brutal on what we were keeping, what we weren't from the pile of furniture and collectibles I had packed up.  So many things I had thought that I wanted.  But today, I am so tired.  So ready to be done with this whole house thing, my care factor was so below my norm.  I decided at the last minute to let more of her furniture go and more of her art collectibles.  And I'll be honest, it feels good.

Tomorrow, the movers come to bring things to storage, and Wednesday the junkers come to empty the house and garage of anything that's left.  I can't believe we are to this point.  I started to have a few weepy moments today, but I think it's more about overwhelm than truly being sad.  But sure, it is very sad to almost be done with cleaning up my mother's life. 

One of things I've realized in all of this is that I can't keep everything.  And, the things I really want to keep and look at again are the family photos and documents that fill up more than half of our boxes.  I've found some great photos of my siblings and I, as well as some great photos of my parents when they were dating in college, as well as when they were married and happy.  I don't remember them that way, so it's been kind of fun to see them in a new light. 

I signed the listing agreement today, so hopefully by Easter Massachusetts will have one more house on the market and available! 

I hope I've done your things and your life justice Mom!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment