Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back in the Groove Again, and It Feels So Good!

Back in the groove again here in Massachusetts!  Here's this morning's breakfast.
Hot and Cold.  My coffee and my Green Monster.  

This morning I had my first Green Monster since December!  I don't have much in the fridge, so I got creative:
  • 2 scoops Trader Joes Whey Protein Vanilla Powder, 
  • 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 
  • 2 cups frozen spinach, 
  • 3 pieces frozen mango halves, 
  • 1 Tbsp ground flax seed, 
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds.  

Yum!

I got out yesterday in our first April weekend with sun.  I made myself leave work and responsibilities behind, and met Christie and Jeff for a walk around the Fresh Pond in Cambridge.  It was great to get out with some goofy friends, willing to put up with my requests.

It's about 2.2 miles around, so we went around twice.  It was great to be outside, get a little sun and Vitamin D, and oh yeah, something called Exercise.  Have you heard of it?  I have a remembrance of it from last spring/summer/fall, but somehow forgot the word during the winter.  Now that it's spring, I'm excited to add the word back to my vocabulary.  One of my new goals is to walk to & from the subway from my house on my work days in Boston.  It's a little more than a mile each way, and now that the sun is up longer, I won't be walking in the dark.  Looking forward to starting my day with a walk again.  

I've got my mp3 player stocked with new tunes from Itunes, such as:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

A few more new faves, not yet available on Playlist.com:
  • Love Love Love by Avalanche City
  • Rock & Roll is Free by Ben Harper
I'm off to get some work done so I'm ahead of the game at work tomorrow.  Then, taking my nieces to the park for a little playground fun in the sun. And then, I've got some Fennel in my veggie drawer waiting to be braised.  I'll be back with the recipe!

    What are you listening to today?  Do tell! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment