Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring in Swampscott

The busyness of everyday life is getting in the way of my creativity!  I had the pleasure of helping to take care of my nieces for a couple of days, in between working and estate stuff.  The girls are so funny now.  Almost 2 1/2 years old, they listen to everything and take it all in in one fell swoop.  You can't swear or talk about anything without them repeating it back to you 2 hours later.  But the love.  Oh the love.  It envelops you.  I am exhausted but full of their love.

After leaving their house, I was tempted to go home and take a nap.  But today was one of the first real days of Spring here in Massachusetts.  High 50's, sunny and so so fresh.  Since today was a beautiful day here in New England, I forced myself to leave the house.  I headed north with the sunroof open, drinking in the fresh air and sunshine.  I went up to Swampscott, Ma. which is right on the coast and only about 20 minutes or so from my house.  Somehow, visiting the ocean tells me a new season has arrived. 

Won't you join me for a day trip to Swampscott?
I love how the sign now hangs upside down after a hard New England weather.

The color of the traps called to me over and over.

The dogs days of sailing summer are not so far away.  I can't wait!

The rust on this anchor longs to tell me a story.

This gentleman was off on the Swampscott Harbor dock to catch his fish dinner.

What is happening in your neck of the woods?  Has Spring begun yet?  Share a link to a favorite spring photo, or just share what spring means to you.

I hope you're having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Your photography is gorgeous Jeanne and truly makes me long for more of that warmer weather! We had one glorious day yesterday and my post/photos on that goes live around 9:45 tonight (trying to space them out). Thanks so much for your beautiful comment on my "I Am Enough" post - it felt very vulnerable putting that out there, so I really appreciate the feedback!

    ReplyDelete