Monday, April 18, 2011

Wishes and Dreams and How to Get There







The above is the view I see most days from my work chair.

The computer, my phone, the desk phone, my daily spreadsheet review, an apple and a Gin-Gin.  The mundane items that make up a life.  I spend many hours staring at that spreadsheet, the words melting into one another, my brain trying to keep it all straight.  Hours staring at the 3 walls of my cube, dreaming about being somewhere else, anywhere else.  Those hours we all go through.  All in an effort to be able to live the creative life we dream about.   My father and I have had this fight many times in my life.  We have to "WORK" in order to be able to "PLAY".  I hope that someday my play, my creative life of photography, art and writing will be enough to be my work.  In the meantime,  I will follow my father's advice.

So today, I took myself for a walk outside in the sunshine to get away from my work for a little while.  And I am reminded that these little moments reinforce my creative dreams again.  Little moments capturing the newness of spring, the hopefulness of new growth, the color of life.



What little moments remind you of your creative passions?  How do you get through the day?

P.S. My little treat, the Gin-Gins, are my favorite new sweetie.  They are bursts of intense ginger in a hard candy.  They make a great addition to hot water, or something to suck on when the afternoon sugar bowl beckons.  You can get them at www.gingerpeople.com.  They don't know me from Adam, but I wanted to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment