Saturday, July 28, 2012

Zucchini pancakes, easy-style

I was reinspired by smitten kitchen's zucchini pancakes last night. I had a zucchini in the fridge that was calling to me. And it was breakfast time!

Smitten kitchen's recipe looks delicious but I didn't have too much time this morning.

So here's what I did:
Grate 1 zucchini, add that to 2 egg yolks and 3 whites. Add 1 tablespoon half-and-half. Grate 1 teaspoon fresh nutmeg. Add 1/3 cup flour and a pinch of salt.

Whisk together briskly until the flour has been incorporated. I have a small Frying pan I like to use for these.

This made 4 zucchini pancakes about 6 inches across. Enough for 2 to 3 people depending on how big their appetites are! :)

They are delicious and I hope you enjoy!

I'm off to the beach today with my brother who happens to be in town from New Mexico so I hope you enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment