Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm Back, For Now...

I am so sorry I have been out of touch. So many things going on, got caught up in my own reality and for some reason wanted to stay in the depths of despair. I think I am back now. My mom fell and broke some ribs 1 1/2 days after I brought her home from rehab. I think that is a record for her. I am waiting on some test results myself, and the waiting is killing me.

So, right now I am sitting in one of my favorite cafes in Somerville, Mass after acupuncture, trying to hold on to some of the warmth and relaxation that brought me. I'm in one of the comfy couches at the far end, watching the rain fall in the distance and watching the people come & go & be.



Lying on the table at acupuncture got me thinking about finding a way to bring that feeling into more of my life. I am running high on anxiety these days and I find that I am having trouble "being" anywhere. I am there, but not a part of anything, you would just find my body, not my soul.

So, how do I change this and bring more of it in? What do I feel on the table?

Grounded
Relaxed
Peaceful
Painfree
Limber

Great things, no?

So, where else do I find these qualities? Yoga, walking in nature, listening to music, dancing, cooking, writing, photography...


Hmm...interesting. These are the things I most like to do, so why wouldn't they feel the best? What this tells me is that I am out of balance and haven't been doing the things that make ME feel good. I've been taking care of friends and family and putting myself behind all others. That isn't right. I can't continue to live like that.

Starting tomorrow, I am doing ONE of those things and hopefully I'll feel at least one of the benefits!

Where do you find yourself most grounded? Tell me about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment