Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm Being Santa'd

After a long day of talking to estate attorneys and life insurance companies, I opened my mailbox to find that I am being Santa'd.  I don't know how, or who.  But all the return postmarks say "Santa".

I am crying because whoever set this up, I want you to know how much I appreciate it.

In my mail today there was a little notepad that says "Chocolate is the answer - who cares what the question is!" My sentiments exactly.  I bought a bucket load of chocolate today to make my Peppermint Bark for Christmas this year.  Maybe I should just break into the chocolate myself...

And then there was my favorite, absolute favorite print from Mae Chevrette's collection.  I hope she won't mind me sharing the image here.

I didn't tell everyone this, but one of the last things my Mom said to us in the hospital was that she was on the most beautiful, serene beach in the world.  She said was so happy, picking up rocks.  And that that was where we could find her, or look for her whenever we needed her.  We talked to her a lot in those last few days while she was unconscious about that beach, and how we hoped she was sitting in the sun, with the feel of the sand in her toes, the ocean crashing over the jetties.  I've been trying to remember that vision in my head, and then this print came along.  I love it, and it will help me to remember where to look for her.  I'm crying again.  But thank you, thank you, thank you.


Here's the link to Mae's Etsy shop.

Thank you all of you for taking such good care of me.  I am feeling very loved and supported.  If any elves want to say hello, feel free to drop me a line so I can thank you properly.

I'm off to turn on my tree lights and listen to some holiday music.

No comments:

Post a Comment