Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snug as a Bug

I had a very nice Christmas with my family. A wonderful Christmas Eve day lunch at my Dad’s in Duxbury, complete with a spinach quiche and chocolate crinkle cookies made by my stepmom, Ronnie. Christmas Eve I stayed at my sister’s house, and the adults were up until about 3am assembling all of the gifts for the nieces and nephews from Santa. There were lacrosse nets to build, playhouses to assemble, and baby strollers to put together. A very long night with little sleep for all of us, but Christmas Day was worth it. The girls came down in their elfin pajamas and delighted with TS at the bounty to befall them. Santa was very good to my family: a drum set, doll high chairs, new baby dolls, and Kinect video games. I want a Kinect!

My BIL made a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for us since we missed the real one this year. I thought about my mom a lot yesterday, how she would love to see the kids running around in their pjs and happily playing with their new toys. It was a very nice day, and I got to hold a new cousin (River is 11 weeks old!)


How sweet is he? I’ve got the Christmas lights on. I feel very snug and warm here inside. Makes me wonder about those that don’t have everything I have. I am very grateful for the bounty that is my life.

On my stove today making the house smell delicious is some Swedish Glogg (red wine mulled with sliced oranges, sliced lemons, cinnamon sticks, cloves and dried cranberries) as well as some Cardamom Bread that is now rising. That will be in the oven in an hour or so!

Santa was amazingly generous to me this year. I had a very full stocking thanks to my family Santa, as well as my Santa friends. I am stunned by everyone’s giving spirit. I feel very loved. I hope you are warm and toasty and feeling the love yourself. I’ll be back later with pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment