Tuesday, December 7, 2010

You Are So Beautiful

You are so beautiful, Mom.
We sent you off on Friday to your final resting place.  I didn't want to leave you there, all alone.
I hope you know that I think about you every other second of every day.  I wish that I had more time with you Mom. I'm eating baby food (literally) as a remembrance of you for today's lunch.  We would share some when I was little and not feeling well.  I am not well, but trying to push on.

Friday was Mom's funeral.  It was sad and beautiful and heartwarming all in one.  So many friends near and far, new and old came to say goodbye.  Somehow my brother and I both managed to speak, my brother giving her an amazing eulogy, and I pushed my way through Psalm 57.  I almost lost it a few times, but for her I would do anything.

I'm eating little and wanting to sleep lots, but school is wrapping up for the semester at the same time.  So, I am holding it all in as best I can, and pushing through to hopefully finish my classes this semester.  I can't wait until the 21st, when I know I will crash and finally be truly able to grieve.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, and of course your patience.  I hope to be able to be back to myself to soon.  In the meantime, if any of you have a book on grief that you would recommend, I would appreciate any suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Sending loving and healing thoughts your way. This is a difficult time for you right now. I wish I had words that would help you heal. Just know that you are deeply loved.

    ReplyDelete