Monday, July 4, 2011

Rewards!


I've been working really hard at losing some of my extra weight I've been carrying the last year or so.  I joined Get In Shape for Women in my town, and getting up at 530am to workout three days a week.  It's been a challenge, but I've lost 4 lbs in the last week, so I guess it's worth it!  I had really fallen off the workout wagon, and I am finding that paying someone to hold me accountable has been really helpful.   I love this quote because I do find myself often giving up before I've even started.  So, no more!

I've got a fun photography trip coming up in October, and I've created a reward system for myself.  If I am down a total of 25 lbs by September 1st from where I started, I am going to buy a new lens for my Nikon.  I've been wanting a good macro lens, but also something good for portraits. 

I'm focusing on two options right now:
The Nikkor 50mm
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
or the Nikkor 105mm
Nikon 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor Lens

Do you guys have a favorite or any advice on which one you would go for?

I've got almost 2 months to figure out which one I would use more, but for now, it's a great motivator! I'll be tracking my progress on this thermometer, and you guys can call me on it also!


I hope you all have a great 4th of July.  It's Independence Day!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment