Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Snack Attack!

Along with my new workout plan is the idea that I should be eating up to 6 mini-meals throughout the day, but keep my total calories below 1400 a day.  I'm finding that my summer snacks have a COOL element, a CRUNCHY element, and a distinct FLAVOR element (either sweet, salty or spicy, or a mix!).

Here are some of my favorite go-to snacks this summer:

Apple, Laughing Cow Light Cheese & Cedars Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortilla

 

Trader Joes' Chipotle Hummus (or your favorite hummus) and Sugar Snap Peas


Baba Ganoush (TJ's), Red Peppers, Cucumbers and Baby Beets (TJ's)


Edamame!  I love it just out of the freezer in the summer, and it comes pre-cooked and pre-salted! Thanks TJ's!


Greek Yogurt (any 0% yogurt with less than 120 calories).  
There are lots of brands, so find your favorite.  I usually find the ones on sale and go with that!


Air Popped Popcorn sprinkled with Nutritional Yeast


Ezekiel Sesame Bread smeared with Sunflower Seed Butter
(add an apple if you want a complete meal)


 Raw Pumpkin Seeds and Skim String Cheese

 Trader Joes Chile Mango Popsicle


How about you?  Any favorite snacks you can share?  I'm always looking for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment