Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Brrr (and a little Almond Chili Hot Chocolate)

I started my new job a few weeks ago, did I tell you that?  I'm helping out at a large Biotech with their expatriate assignments and immigration.  Sounds boring, and sometimes it is, but the last few weeks have been a blur.  Last week I had to work until 8pm most nights after starting work by 8 or 8:30am.  I've been trying to catch up on the new schedule since I started!

Now, I'm working normal corporate hours, and even that is too much.  Today, I had to get out of my cube for a little while.  Fall has hit this week in Boston, and I love it!  Even though it was raining, windy and cold at lunch, I took myself for a walk and a mini-hike on the trails around the building. It was invigorating! By the time I went back inside, my jacket was soaked through, and cheeks were pink.  It was wonderful.  This is probably also why I like swimming in freezing cold ocean waves!

Tonight, it is still raining, and still cold.  I needed something to warm up, and a dessert like treat for after dinner.  To the rescue, Almond Chili Hot Chocolate!

Almond Chili Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz of Trader Joe's Unsweetened Almond Milk (or Almond Breeze Unsweetened, or Silk Almond Unsweetened) 
  • 1 tsp of Turbinado Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp of Cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
  • 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of Chili Powder
  
Pour the Almond Milk into a non-stick saucepan, and turn heat to medium.
Add 1 to 2 Tbsp of Cocoa, and whisk until it blends in.  Then, add the sugar, and keep whisking. 

Then, add the Cinnamon and Chili Powder.  (Don't get these mixed up!)
I love the colors involved in this recipe.  :)  Keep stirring until blended and warm.  It won't take long, and don't stop stirring or leave it unattended.

The heat will bring out the wonderful aroma of the cinnamon and chili powder, and it will feel like winter is on the horizon.


Yum, doesn't it look good?  And only 1 point on Weight Watchers!  Have a sip, and feel free to add more spice to taste.

I'm sipping it now, and it's warming me up from the inside.  I'm off to put on some warm pj's and enjoy a good book curled up with my cocoa.

I hope you enjoy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment