Sunday, September 30, 2012

An Autumn post in the making

I am home today. It is luxurious. Rain is falling heavily outside , my screen door is open. The oven is on. NPR's Soraya Sarhaddi Nelson joins me in the kitchen. I'm fooling around with creating a new recipe. Zucchini Apple cheddar pancakes.

I made the wrong decision to put it all into a pie plate. An hour later it was still moist. Next time I am going to make pancakes out of my pancake recipe. But then again, that's the fun of fooling around with a new recipe. The flavor was amazing once it was cooked. It just took an hour and a half to do so.

I'll make another batch this week as pancakes and then I'll be loading it here.

In the meantime, I hope you're eating something with apple, smelling something of cinnamon, and listening to the rain fall outside.

Autumn has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment